How To Remove Gel Nail Polish Have you ever faced a situation where you don’t have time to go to a nail salon to remove your gel nails, and you simply don’t know how to remove them yourself? if so, you will really enjoy this article as it will give you a complete step by step guide on How To Remove Gel Nails easily at your own space with not much hassle and as efficient as possible.
Gel nails or Acrylic Nails For Both Removing Procedure Is Same
Everyone loves gel nails these days because they last longer and you can get some cool designs going, but no one likes the damage that gel causes mainly because when we peal it off, most of us remove the top layer of the nails with it, that is a big disadvantage. The proper way to remove your gel nails it to see a nail technician at a nail spa, but if you don’t really have time for that, we will help get this done like a pro.
How To Remove Gel Nail Polish :
First, here is a list of the materials you will need to get the job done:
- Cotton Balls
- Nail File
- Cuticle Stick
- Nail Buffer
- Foil Sheets
- Nail Strengthener
- Cuticle Oil
Now In The Following Simple Steps we will show you How To Remove Gel Nail Polish like a pro:
- First step is really easy, all you need to do is use the nail file to scratch the surface of your gel. Simply use your nail file to remove the shininess of your gel nails . Be gentle and make sure you don’t reach your actual cuticle or the real nail underneath in this process. Make sure to get the entire gel nail, this is important to be able to soak up the acetone as we will show you in the next step.
Check : Nail Polish Remover
- Now take your cotton balls and break it apart to small pieces because you don’t need it in big chunks. Soak the cotton into the acetone and place it on your first nail and wrap it with the foil so it has a chance to soak. Keep in mind that your work space might get a bit messy, so you might need to lay down a towel to keep it clean. Repeat the step in all your other nails, it might get little difficult to do the nails in your second hand since your fingers will be wrapped up with foil, if so, you can always get someone to help you with it if you can’t manage it. It is important to know that by soaking your gel nails, you are not actually removing them, in fact you are just breaking the chemical bond between the gel and your actual nail, allowing you to push it off as we will explain in the next steps. Once you are done with all your nails, you have to soak for at least 20 minutes (sometimes even longer if your gels are really thick). Just be patient, maybe watch some television or gab with a friend.
- Ok it has been about 20 minutes, your gel nails are now ready to be removed. Press down on the foil right on top of your nail and slowly pull it off, you should be able to take most of the gel nail polish off with it. There will be some left over, don’t worry about that.
- After you are done with the previous step, you will see that some of your gel nails are still on. Take your cuticle stick (preferably a wooden one) and slide it under the remaining gel nails and start gently pushing it off, again be gentle so you don’t scratch the nails underneath. If you still have some gel pieces you are unable to push off, don’t use force, just soak those gel nails again in acetone for five more minutes and they should get right off really easy after that.
- Take your nail buffer and buff the top of your nails just to make sure they are smooth. Once you are done, make sure to wash your hands then show your nails some love by applying some nail strengthener and topping it with some cuticle oil.
- Congratulations, at this point your nails should be pretty much free of any gel and you now know How To Remove Acrylic Nails .
Few extra tips on How To Remove Gel Nail Polish:
- Smaller pieces of cotton balls do a better job in removing gel nails, they fit well on your nails, they stick easier and they absorb more acetone.
- Some of the fashionable nail colors these days such as Burgundy and Plum are the hardest to remove because they stain your nails and leave some kind of yellowish color behind which is not pretty. To restore the natural color of your nails, all you need to do is to get some hydrogen peroxide with a little bit of baking soda, put them in a bowl with some water, soak your finger nails in it for five minutes. It will clean all the left over colors from your nails.
- If you are trying to give yourself a manicure at home, it is always very hard to keep the polish only on your nails without spilling outside to your fingers and cuticles. The solution to this problem is to use a cotton swab to apply some Vaseline on your cuticles and the skin surrounding your nails (make sure not to put Vaseline on your actual nails as it will prevent polish from sticking to it). Once you are done with the manicure, just remove the Vaseline with your cotton swab and any polish that is spilled outside to your cuticles will be removed with it, leaving you with a professionally looking manicure.
- A lot of women are always on the look out for no chip manicure, if you are one of them, here is a tip for you. Instead of applying your nail top coat just to the top of your nail, also apply it to the end edge of your nail. This way it will act as a seal at the edge of your nail. Not only that this tip gives you a manicure with no chips, but it also makes it last longer.