Modern and small kitchen designs and ideas for beautiful kitchen
There are two main concepts that you have to consider before designing your small kitchen, which is related with your desire on how your small kitchen designs will look like:
You want it reflect your personality?
You want your small kitchen speak more on function and necessity?
Let’s talk about the first choice, small kitchen designs that reflect your personality.
You are free to design this small kitchen designs with everything you like: wall color/painting, kitchen furniture style and color, kitchen tile, stove style and everything. You are free to choose kitchen accessories, kitchen furniture even the lighting color and design. One thing you have to remember, since you are focus with everything you like – you will realized that it will sacrifice the function and necessity of your kitchen. For example, you might painting the kitchen with dark blue since it is your favorite color, but it will make an illusion of less space compare to light tone colors such as sky blue, beige or white – where these colors will creating more space illusion. Or you like bottom built in shelves rather than open shelves. It is also will drive a less space, compare to open shelves that open up extra space hence providing the sense of more light and air in the kitchen.
You don’t have to worry if you still prefer your small kitchen should be reflected your personality, the following info surely will open up your mind and I’m sure you can combine between your personality and kitchen function/necessity. Let’s go through it:
If you prefer the second choice – your kitchen speak more on function and necessity; you have to create more space on your kitchen. How can we do that? Lets discover the following tips and guide that focus on the area:
- Kitchen appliances
- Kitchen furniture
- Kitchen wall color
- Kitchen Floor
- Kitchen Lighting
- Choose smaller size kitchen appliances
- Keep clean the countertops and hide the appliances when not use
- Choose open shelves rather than bottom built in shelves. Open shelves naturally will open up extra space hence providing more light and air in the kitchen
- Choosing the high decorations and leggy furniture, it’ll help expand the space
- Use small kitchen island. This island has double functions: as a working space and also storage space.
- Choose a taller wall cabinet (approx 900 mm) rather than standard one
Kitchen wall Color
- Light tone color such as sky blue, yellow, white and beige will work well on small kitchen, since it will create an illusion and expand more space of the kitchen.
- Add a small portion of darker color on the kitchen wall is safe, you can add your favorite color as long as it doesn’t become a majority.
- Add kitchen wall decor such as kitchen wall tiles, kitchen wall clocks surely add a beauty to your small kitchen designs.
- Choose a large kitchen tile with a small motif, neutral or pastel color surely will give an illusion of extra space
- Install more window for the sun light enter the counter tops and other fixtures – it’ll brighten up your small kitchen
- Add more light fixtures on dark corner and also on kitchen counter tops
- Add a sky light is also a good idea to expand more space, even in the night
You can have a great small kitchen by combining this small kitchen design with your personality choice and also the kitchen function and necessity. Surely it’ll consumes more times and power. you can also find a kitchen designer to help you build your small kitchen become a modern and perfect small kitchen designs.