Nail Polish Remover The nail polish freak girls must be aware of the fact that all the nail polish removers are not same. Rather, some of them are very harmful for the skin and do not remove the nail polish completely. On the other hand, some of them are mild on the skin and remove the nail polish completely from the nails. But, if you don’t know how to choose the right combination of chemicals such that the traces of previous nail polish are entirely removed and the nails are less harmed, then you must go through this article.
There are two types of nail polish removers available in the market. The first one and the most popular one is that in which acetone is the major chemical used. These kinds of Nail Polish Remover are certainly harmful for the skin. But, they are very powerful. The second type of nail color removers available in the market is free from acetone. Instead, they use ethyl acetate as its substitute. First of all, you should be aware of the differences between the acetone and the non-acetone nail polish removers so that you know what you are putting up on your nail.
Check : Remove Nail Polish From Carpet
Facts about Acetone Nail Polish Removers
- The major active ingredient present in these kinds of nail polish removers’ is the acetone.
- These are best for the fake nails as it would take too much effort to remove the nail polish from the fake nail and you can also use it in case the nail polish you want to remove is too much stubborn.
- No matter how thick the nail polish is that you want to remove, it would get removed easily using the acetone nail polish remover.
- The acetone that is present in these kinds of nail polish remover, might dry the skin to an extreme limit. Also, it would make the nails brittle and this nail polish remover is flammable. So, if it accidentally falls on your clothes or anything else, you might be in danger.
- 100% acetone nail polish removers should be bought only in one case, when you want to remove fake nails, otherwise, they might harm the skin too much.
Facts about Non-Acetone Nail Polish Removers
• The major active ingredient that is used in non-acetone types of nail polish removers is ethyl acetate.
• These could be used safely on the natural nails as well as the fake nails. However, these would not remove the fake nails, all they would do is to help you to change their color.
• They are better for the skin as they do not harm the skin to a large extent and as compared to the acetone nail polish removers, the damage caused by them is minimal.
• You might have to spend more time removing the nail polish from your nails as ethyl acetate is not a powerful solvent and it might take up to 20 minutes to remove the nail polish from a single nail. This might be frustrating at times, but it is worth it if you do not want to cause damage to your natural nails.
• These nail polish removers would not make your nails brittle at all. Additionally, they might contain some vitamins and proteins, which would add strength to the nails.
Which one should you go for?
Now, the big question is that since both the kinds of nail polish removers have their own advantages and disadvantages, which kind of Nail Polish Remover would be the best one for you? This might depend on various factors, as discussed under:
• For those girls who do not want to spend all their time removing nail polish from their nails, non-acetone nail polish remover is not for them. They should go for the acetone option so that nails are cleaned within 10 minutes.
• Ladies, if you do not want tosmell that acetone again, non-acetone nail polish remover would be the best one for you.
• If you wear fake nails and like to change nail polish color daily, go for non-acetone nail polish remover. This would make sure that you do not spend daily on the fake nails.
• Non acetone nail polish removers are unable to remove glitter nail polishes. So, use acetone nail polish removers for it.